NOTE - This is a digital pattern ONLY. If you want the hardcopy with the digital pattern, click here.
Patterns take the guesswork out of the making process. We've all been halfway through a project and realized that we forgot a crucial part.
With the patterns from Learn MYOG you can bet on yourself to make kick ass items.
The Alpha Camp Pants are jogger inspired but backcountry ready. Designed as a simple and effective pattern, these pants minimize bulk while offering customizable features to make them your own.
- Wear casually on their own, layered, or to extend your quilts comfort range
- Designed for Polartec ® fabrics including Alpha ® Direct, the ultralight performer
- Optional seat and knee reinforcing overlays for vintage mountaineering durability
- Regular rise with crotch gusset for frontcountry comfort
- Roomy, bulk-free hand pockets that stay in place and won't bunch up
- Low profile yoga-style stretch waistband with an elastic-free construction
- Tapered leg and stretch cuffs prevent sleep pants from riding up all night
If you want to use another mid-layer fabric like Polartec PowerGrid, this pattern becomes even more capable. Great for both days around the living room or around the campfire.
This digital pattern package includes the following:
- Comprehensive step-by-step sewing instructions with detailed photos
- Cut layout, material yardages, sizing recommendations, and construction photos
- Sizes and instructions for common fit adjustments for men and women
- Color-coded sizes for ease of pattern cutting
- Multiple PDF paper sizes for printing convenience
- Print at home on 8.5x11 inch Letter or A4 sized paper
- Print at office on 11x17 inch tabloid or A3 sized paper
- Print at copy shop on 36x48 inch or A0 sized sheet
- Seam allowances for all pattern panels and sizes
NOTE- This is a digital product that will be delivered automatically to the email you input at checkout. If you haven't received your pattern package within 24 hours of checkout, please contact us directly .
LearnMYOG patterns are for personal, non-commercial use only.
Sewing Skill Level - Advanced Beginner
Alpha Camp Pants are designed for knit fabrics. While the instructions detail every step, familiarity with sewing terms and construction techniques is expected. Serging simplifies construction, however a zig zag and overlock stitch work just as well to maintain stretch and finish raw edges. This is a straightforward beginner apparel pattern and stretch fabrics are forgiving. Make a prototype and have fun!
Further info on pattern:
As an active-fit garment, these are relaxed around the hips and thigh, while keeping activity as a focus with a slim leg that tapers through the ankle. A full rise crotch gusset is included to ensure full range of motion and a comfortable fit to your body.
When paired with Alpha Direct fabric, these pants become the perfect midlayer insulation. Boasting superb packability, an incredible warmth-to-weight ratio, and mesh-like breathability, there’s no reason to omit these pants from your backcountry pack out.