I wanted the outer layer to have a little loft, so I added a 4 extra inches to the outer layer (yellow) and insulation compared to the inside (grey) layer, then tacked it down in pseudo baffles. I'm not sure if this will make a difference or not in staying warmer.
I added grosgrain to the long sides with a cord lock so I could cinch up the sides to make the quilt fit a little more snug around me. I used a plastic stitch marker (used for knitting) to lock the cordlock in place.
Next, I added some grosgrain on all 4 corners so I can attach the the UQ to my hammock clips and tacked down the shockcord on each corner running the length of the short sides. I used min cordlocks, as I read somewhere that they fit the 1/8 shockcord nicely. I think it would have been better to use the regular cordlocks instead as the mini are a little too snug.
I folder over the sides of the inside layer (grey) on top of the outside layer (yellow) to add a finished seam and left gaps in the sewing where the grosgrain and shockcord came through.
Using the lash-it, I attached it to my hammock.