NOTE - This is a bundled pattern and printed full-size template. If you would only like to receive the digital copy, then click here.
Patterns take the guesswork out of the making process. We’ve all been halfway through a project and realized that we forgot a crucial part.
With the patterns from Learn MYOG you can bet on yourself to make kick ass items.
The Alpha Camp Pants are jogger inspired but backcountry ready. Designed as a simple and effective pattern these pants minimize bulk while offering customizable features to make them your own.
- Wear casually on their own, layered, or to extend your quilts comfort range
- Designed for Polartec® fabrics including Alpha® Direct, the ultralight performer
- Optional seat and knee reinforcing overlays for vintage mountaineering durability
- Regular rise with crotch gusset for frontcountry comfort
- Roomy, bulk-free hand pockets that stay in place and won't bunch up
- Low profile yoga-style stretch waistband with an elastic-free construction
- Tapered leg and stretch cuffs prevent sleep pants from riding up all night
If you want to use another mid-layer fabric like Polartec PowerGrid, this pattern becomes even more capable. Great for both days around the living room or around the campfire.
This digital pattern package includes the following:
- Comprehensive step-by-step sewing instructions with detailed photos
- Cut layout, material yardages, sizing recommendations, and construction photos
- Six sizes and instructions for common fit adjustments for men and women
- Color-coded sizes for ease of pattern cutting
- Multiple PDF paper sizes for printing convenience
- Print at home on 8.5x11 inch Letter or A4 sized paper
- Print at office on 11x17 inch tabloid or A3 sized paper
- Print at copy shop on 36x48 inch or A0 sized sheet
- Seam allowances for all pattern panels and sizes
NOTE - This is a digital product that will be delivered automatically to the email you input at checkout. If you haven't received your pattern package within 24 hours of checkout, please contact us directly.
LearnMYOG patterns are for personal, non-commercial use only.
Sewing Skill Level - Advanced Beginner
Alpha Camp Pants are designed for knit fabrics. While the instructions detail every step, familiarity with sewing terms and construction techniques is expected. Serging simplifies construction however a zig zag and overlock stitch work just as well to maintain stretch and finish raw edges. This is a straightforward beginner apparel pattern and stretch fabrics are forgiving. Make a prototype and have fun!
Further info on pattern:
As an active-fit garment, these are relaxed around the hips and thigh, while keeping activity as a focus with a slim leg that tapers through the ankle. A full rise crotch gusset is included to ensure full range of motion and a comfortable fit to your body.
When paired with Alpha Direct fabric, these pants become the perfect midlayer insulation. Boasting superb packability, an incredible warmth-to-weight ratio, and mesh-like breathability, there’s no reason to omit these pants from your backcountry pack out.