Customer Project: Two ZPPs
After seeing Randy from DreamHammock do an awesome instructional video
, I had to try it. Ordered material and the zippers from Ripstopbytheroll. In hindsight, I could have gotten the kit, didn't know there was one.The toxic green was the first one. It is just 1.9 ripstop, so I made another one and the toxic green has become my bathroom kit, holding my deuce of spades, toilet paper and hand sanitizer. The new one is a heavier ripstop with a second layer of 1.9 inside. It is much sturdier and holds all of my incidentals (first aid, repair kit, earplugs, spare lighter, notebook etc.) Also added pull tabs to the second one. It's not as nice as Randy's (or probably anyone else's), but it works.
- 12" x 14" desired material. Second layer if desired, also 12" x 14".
- Approximately 14" #3 YKK coil zipper.
- 2 x #3 YKK zipper pulls.
- About 6" of 1/2" grosgrain ribbon if pull tabs are desired.
How do I make it?
- Cut desired material to 12 x 14, second layer if desired at same size.
- Sew zipper to 12" sides, then flip and top stitch.
- While inside out, sew two ends closed, ensuring zipper is right in the middle. Can also add pull tabs at this point if desired.
- "Box" the corners, remove excess material.
- Flip right-side-out.