I followed the general instructions available on the Apex UQ kit, altering only the length and width for the most part. For anyone else who is much shorter or taller than the instructions are intended for (figure that one at 6 feet probably), I used height +6" to figure my length and increased the width as well because I'm a frozen rotisserie chicken.
I trimmed some of the excess insulation when I got done sewing, but I didn't really trim my seam allowances as such. There is not a draft collar built in to this design, so my seam allowance poof a bit as a work around.
The instructions call for one end channel to be set in, and the other to be used to close the other end. I wanted them both set in, so that's what I did. In other news, if you plan to try that, leave your opening for turning the quilt on one of the long ends. The good news is that wonky seams increase your temp rating by 2°. At least that's what I've been telling myself.
I don't trust my hand sewing very much, so in endless frustration, I fired up my sewing machine and zig-zagged over the hand sewn seam. By that point I did not care. I was hangry. It was time to be done.
I ended up using the full 72" length and cutting my width to 48". The end weight is a hefty 1 lb 13 oz, but considering it's a winter weight synthetic quilt, that's really not too bad. Now to make the matchy-matchy top quilt...