Customer Project: UL Breathable Windbreaker
by Erin Reeder
Front, sleeves, hood, and turquoise panels are ripstop. The remaining panels, back, side and arm gussets are breathable, stretch mesh.
I wanted to design an ultralight, breathable, waterproof jacket. This jacket is the beta test for the fit/form but without the really expensive material :).
1x 26" Lightweight Polyester Zipper
1x 7" Polyester Reversible Pocket Zipper
~ 1/2 yard of breathable, stretch mesh (had on-hand)
~ 1/4 yard 1.0 oz HyperD diamond ripstop nylon - Charcoal Gray / Uncalendered
~ 1/2 yard 1.0 oz HyperD diamond ripstop nylon - Moroccan Blue / Uncalendered
~ 1/8 yard 1.1 oz Ripstop Nylon - Robin Egg Blue / Uncalendered
How do I make it?
- Added a breathable mesh racerback panel to the back
- Removed all pockets from the front of the jacket
- Added a drop-hem in the back
- Added a built-in stuff pocket between the regular hem and drop-hem extension
- Removed the velcro cuff enclosures
- Used a lightweight zipper
- Reduced gusset size for better fit
- Added a hood