Customer Project: The Gibson double layer hammock
by David "Fujibilly" Brashears
Here are some of the key specs:
- Length: 11'6"
- Width: 60"
- Construction: Gathered end (triple stitched channel design)
- Suspension: DIY whoopie slings from 7/32" silver Amsteel Blue. Dutch Dyneema tree straps and titanium toggles.
- Stuff Sack: Matching material contrasted double-ended stuff sack.
I love the way it turned out and everything that Ripstop by the Roll provided was premium quality and well-packaged. Thanks for giving me the confidence to take on this project. I love my new custom hammock!
- 5 Yds Coyote Brown 1.0 oz. ROBIC XL
- 5 Yds Fucshia 1.0 Hyper D
- Fucshia MARA 70 thread
- 30 ft. silver 7/32" Amsteel Blue for whoopie slings
- 10+ ft. silver 7/32" Amsteel Blue for fixed dog bone ridgeline
- Dutch Gear Dyneema/Poly tree straps (2)
- Dutch Gear titanium toggles (2)