Customer Project: Climashield Insulated Hat
The final hood weighs in at 25 grams, and is very warm (20-40 degrees).
- Climashield Apex 2.5oz .5 yards
- Burnt Orange - 0.66 oz MEMBRANE 10 taffeta nylon .5 yards
- 1 piece of sticky back velcro (all I had on me)
How do I make it?
- Find a template. I found one here, but I had to modify it so that the neck was 4" longer.
- Cut out the nylon. 4x sides (the boot shaped piece) and 2x center pieces.
- Using the smallest needle I could find, I used a simple straight stitch to join the sides to the center.
- I now have 2 shells. Make a 3rd the same way with the Climashield but you will need to hand stitch this one together.
- See my sample pieces, to hopefully make this more clear: Layer the pieces in order, shell/shell/insulation.
- Sew around the outer perimeter but leave a small 4" or so opening behind the neck, so you can turn it inside out.
- Throw a small piece of velcro on it, and hand stitch up the last 4 inches and voila!