Customer Project: Burnt Orange Winter Tarp

by Bob Webster


Here is my 12' Winter Tarp made using the kit from Ripstopbytheroll.


Customer Project: Burnt Orange Winter Tarp
Customer Project: Burnt Orange Winter Tarp
Customer Project: Burnt Orange Winter Tarp
Customer Project: Burnt Orange Winter Tarp
Customer Project: Burnt Orange Winter Tarp

Materials

Winter12 tarp kit
3 yds 1.5 " grosgrain 
Gutermann thread
8 Lineloc3's
Related Products:

How do I make it?

The kit was great. It had everything except the thread. I made it out of the Burnt Orange in 1.1 Oz Silpoly.& I also bought 5 yards of 1.5" grossgrain for my ridgeline.

I mostly used the instructions from RBTR; however I only did a 2" cat cut on the sides. I also did a standing french seam, bound in 1.5" grosgrain, for the ridgeline. This should make the ridgeline stronger and hopefully waterproof.

I used Beastee D's and lineloc3's for the tie outs.

The hardest part was rolling the outside hem and just dealing with all that material! I suggest buying the sewing clips (Wonder clips) instead of using pins.

Take your time and it will all work out. Took me about 12 hours with my neophyte sewing skills, and the dining room table as my work area.

Since I sometimes camp where there are no trees, I have a ground set-up as seen in the last picture.

This is my second DIY project after a hammock. I think it turned out great!