NOTE - This product page is for the pattern/template bundle. If you only want the pattern, please click here.
Patterns take the guesswork out of the making process. We’ve all been halfway through a project and realized that we forgot a crucial part.
With the patterns from Learn MYOG you can bet on yourself to make kick ass items.
The Bikepacking Frame Bag Pattern is your key to getting out on two wheels. This set includes a half frame bag, and two distinct top tube bags. With all three of these bags in your set you’ll be able to take your steed on daily errands and also on a day trek.
One of the benefits that makes this pattern so valuable is that anyone can tackle this project. You don’t need super specific tools or special info to be successful with these bags.
- Large front Top Tube bag fits an iPhone 12 Pro with ease along with tons of snacks
- Rear Top Tube bag carries tools, pump, and an emergency spare
- Half Frame Bag engulfs gear like a jacket, wallet, keys, lunch, stove, and smalls
- Foam-sandwiched panels provide rigid bags that free-stand and protect your frame
- Lined interiors with bright fabric for visibility and easy cleaning
- All three bags are constructed in similar fashion for consistency and minimal fabric
Whether you’re looking to run errands or looking to get off the beaten path, the bikepacking frame bag pattern will help you spruce up your two wheeling exploits.
Downloadable PDF sewing pattern includes
- Print at home pattern suitable for both Letter and A4 sized paper
- Large format pdf for A0 and 36" x 48" paper
- Detailed step-by-step sewing instructions
- Illustrated construction methods and techniques
- Complete list of recommended materials
- Peer reviewed and tested sewing pattern and instructions
- Video sewalong series showing start-to-finish of a fresh build!
NOTE - This is a digital product that will be delivered automatically to the email you input at checkout. If you haven't received your pattern package within 24 hours of checkout, please contact us directly
LearnMYOG patterns are for personal, non-commercial use only.
Sewing Skill Level - Intermediate Beginner
The LearnMYOG bike bag patterns are designed to be functional and simple. From a pattern standpoint, these are easy to follow, cut and orient. You will be working with techniques like zippers, heavy duty fabrics, binding and sewing curves. This is a great step up from a ZPP or fanny pack kit.
Further info on pattern:
While still being approachable, the design of this pattern is intentional to be easy to use while riding. Closed cell foam inserts provide structure, one hand access, and protect your frame and belongings in the meantime.
There are many fabrics that you could choose when looking at this pattern. Some of the most popular bike bag fabrics include X-Pac® VX15, X-Pac® V21RS, 1000D Cordura, and other fabrics that provide good durability and waterproofness.
Make sure that you include a liner fabric in your order. A good liner fabric often has features like high-visibility, easy to clean, and easy to layer with your external fabric.